Pages

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

An Attitude of Gratitude Journal - Emotions

 Continuing along with the month long Attitude of Gratitude Journal challenge, here is Day 10:

Today's theme is emotions. One of the questions: are you an emotional person? Oh, yeah!!!!






I really like the quote for today: "Feelings are much like waves, we can't stop them from coming but we can choose which ones to surf." - Jonatan Martensson

Isn't that so true?! I don't usually interpret quotes literally, but when I read this, I saw the words and emotions following the curves of the waves, so had to put this to paper.









The prompt says we should concentrate on our positive emotions: love, compassion, enthusiasm, joy, happiness, desire, wonder. I had not considered wonder to be an emotion. I always thought it was a quality or character trait. I am often filled with wonder and awe at the natural world and how things in life work out - the connections are so often uncanny and even mind-boggling! For instance, I read this just this past Sunday and it fits so well with today's theme and prompts:




"The loss of mystery has led to the loss of majesty. The more we know, the less we believe.  No wonder there is no wonder. We think we've figured it all out. Strange, don't you think? Knowledge of the workings shouldn't negate wonder. Who has more reason to worship than the astronomer who has seen the stars? Then the surgeon who has held a heart? Than the oceanographer who has pondered the depths?" - Max Lucado, In The Grip of Grace






Here's a peak at my work area. I like the paper that is developing underneath as I use up the excess paint each day. Can you tell I'm left-handed?


1 comment:

  1. I really like your interpretation of the emotions day!! Great post! You asked if the letters I used on my Day 9 page were stickers and the answer is yes! I'll look at who makes them when I am next in my studio.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always appreciated. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...