Pages

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

An Attitude of Gratitude Journal - Today

Continuing along with the month long Attitude of Gratitude Journal challenge, here is Day 2:

Today's challenge was to use either circles or squares in the design. I love these shapes, so this technique challenge was easy. The daily scripture was more challenging, whoever. Usually one of my favorites:

"This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24

 Why challenging? Because of the aftermath of  Hurricane Sandy. I was thankful to have our electricity restored after being without it for only 2 days and having minimum damage done to our home. But once I watched the tv reports about what happened in the area, my heart sank. How can I rejoice when there is so much devastation? That was the challenge I needed to work out. Having a week to process the reality of this and seeing how well people are coping and how others are volunteering, really encouraged me. I am planning to help out on Sunday and my church is providing needed supplies. So, these are things to rejoice about!






 

2 comments:

  1. This is great! Love the map; the whole concept. I'm over from the Gratitude challenge on FB and a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Anne! Glad that you are here.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always appreciated. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...