Pages

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

An Attitude of Gratitude Journal - Music

Continuing along with the month long Attitude of Gratitude Journal challenge, here is Day 15:

Music
 Oh, I love music!! It is a great passion! It is a huge part of my life and something I am drawn to and soothed and encouraged by as much as I am by nature and the natural world. I was raised on music and listen to it very often still today. When I was a teenager I wanted to be a rock star, but the fact that I could not carry a tune, play an instrument or feel comfortable in the limelight stood in the way! I still play air guitar and sing into my fist microphone when alone and enjoy my imaginary audience!

Yes, Music is today's theme. The technique challenge is to use a sheet of music on the journal page. Here is what I did.


                                                     Music was my first love
                                                     and it will be my last.
                                                     Music of the future
                                                     and music of the past.
                                                     To live without my music
                                                     would be impossible to do.
                                                     Because in this world of troubles
                                                     My Music pulls me through.
                                                                      John Miles, 1976

This song captivated me when I was 15 years old. The words spoke to my heart and they still do today. I'm sure they will another 36 years from now. I believe it is the first time I heard a combination of rock and classical music together. I love this combination and is one big reason I am a huge fan of the Trans Siberian Orchestra.

 Here is a wonderful live performance of the song:  Music by John Miles

And for fun:
God Gave Rock and Roll To You by Kiss

I Love Music by the O'Jays

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always appreciated. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...