Pages

Monday, August 26, 2013

First Annual Artists and Artisans in Paradise Show

Hosted by the Stratford Arts Guild, the first of what will be an annual show, Artists and Artisans in Paradise was a success! Well advertised and a gorgeous late summer day brought many people to Paradise Green, in Stratford, CT. It was nice to participate in an art show in my community and meet art lovers from my town.
 A few people came specifically to meet me and see my work based on an article in the Connecticut Post. I was quoted in the article along with a few other members of the Stratford Art Guild. One woman came to give me a stack of vintage linen dish towels. She had read in the article that I peruse estate sales for cotton sheets and linen tablecloths and dish towels to turn into pulp for papermaking. The dish towels she gave me  are too beautiful and full of history to be cut for paper. I have added them to my rather large vintage dish towel collection. That was an unexpected and delightful pleasure! Another woman came to see me because she liked the way I described my work in the article. (Abstract, yet representational and inspired by nature.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always appreciated. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...