Pages

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Rhododendron and Iris - Drawings 10 and 11

Finally warm enough temperatures to sit outside and draw, I set up Friday morning to draw the spectacular bearded irises which are in bloom.


 When I set up at 9 a.m., the area was in the shade. I was only able to sketch for 20 minutes before the sunlight began to shine on the white paper and reflect into my eyes.I think I captured the essence of these flowers and am happy with the sketch.


I decided to move over to the rhododendrons which were in full bloom and in the shade. There I was able to sketch for a half hour before the sun began to shine on my paper.


Wish I had more time to work on this to add the flowers on either side of this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always appreciated. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...