Pages

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Stratford Arts Guild

Last evening I attended the monthly meeting of the Stratford Arts Guild. One of my New Year goals was to get involved with this group. I was a little apprehensive, as one often is when entering a new situation and meeting new people. I wasn't sure how I would be received. Their website encourages artists and others from the community to attend the meetings, so I wasn't too worried. Artists can be an intimidating group of people if they choose to be. Not so with this group, thankfully! I was immediately welcomed, introduced to everyone and had several good conversations.

Roger, the president of the Guild, told me that for many years Stratford had a yearly nationally recognized juried art show. The event was canceled about twenty five years ago. The Guild is hoping to revive it. Now is a good time as plans are moving forward with the re-opening of the Stratford Festival Theater and the huge success of the newly opened Two Roads Brewing Co. Stratford is poised to be a tourist destination once again. I plan to do my best to help the Stratford Arts Guild achieve their goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always appreciated. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...