Pages

Monday, February 24, 2014

Craving Magenta



"I'm so bored with white I could scream." 
- Beverly Ellsley, interior designer, as quoted in House Beautiful magazine

My sentiments exactly!! It many sound odd, but I have been craving the color magenta for the past week! I suppose it is because it is a warm, sunny, summery color that evokes feelings of joy, happiness and gaiety. Looking through my winter wardrobe, I did not find this color. 

How can I surround myself with it to satisfy the craving? I searched through my stash of art supplies and papers for some of this delicious color. Couldn't find much. Decided to search out paint, decorative papers and washi tape from the craft and art supply stores in my area. I was able to find and purchase this collection. (stores visited: JoAnn Fabrics, Michaels, Staples (they carry washi tape), Lowes and Blick Art Materials)

Magenta is one of those colors that is difficult to capture and pin down. It is close to fuchsia with less pink. It is close to mulberry with less purple.You can see that in this color chart found on Wikipedia:

 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magenta
The items I purchased span this color spectrum. 

Okay, so now that I have this stuff, what am I going to do with it? I'm not going to work with the paint just yet. I plan to use some of the paper to cover hand bound books. But for now, the quickest way to interact with these colors is to work in a visual journal. I'll show you that in my next post.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always appreciated. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...