Pages

Thursday, August 7, 2014

Sketching in the Garden

Hello there! It has been awhile!  Instagram has become my primary venue for sharing photos and my activity since it is so easy, but figure it is time to get back to blogging at least a little bit!

This morning I spent about an hour sketching these delightful Cosmos. I have begun a series of paintings which will feature them. The sun became too intense and forced me to go inside. I plan to work from the photos to finish the sketch.



I have been struggling with some health issues over the past three weeks or so and have limited amounts of energy. Each morning I ask myself how best to use this limited and precious resource. Today it was getting this drawing started. After lunch and a shower to wash off the insect repellent and sunblock, I will take a nap. Then hopefully I will have time and renewed vigor to finish this. I want to start on the paintings soon! Like tomorrow! This is quite frustrating!!

2 comments:

  1. This is very beautiful and I love the reflection of you over the sketch. I hope your health will pick up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Miriam, I really appreciate your kind words.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always appreciated. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...