Pages

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Viola tricolor - Flower Drawing 6

I didn't take into account when I set out to do this project of photographing and drawing a different flower each week, that it might be difficult to locate live specimens. In a few months, I will have so many flowers to choose from, the hardest part will be deciding on one. Right now, however, not much is blooming and it is still quite chilly to be outside sketching and photographing those that are! The flower shops are a source. That is where my daughter bought the orchid and I bought the cut daffodils. But looking recently, I am not finding any that strike my fancy. For now, I will use photographs as references for drawing.

Another thought that occurred to me is that choosing a different flower each week prevents me from delving deeper into the multiple facets of some flowers. For instance, there is so much more to explore on the orchid. I do have a limited amount of time in which to complete these exercises each week. Maybe it is more realistic to entitle this project 52 Flower Drawings: A Year in Bloom. That way I can continue to work with a particular flower until I feel I have exhausted the possibilities.

Here is the sketch for this week. I would like to do a cluster of these cute Heart's Ease or Johnny Jump Ups, the way they grow in the garden (similar to the photo below.)

Heartsease - Viola tricolor


from Wikimedia Commons


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always appreciated. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...